Sid's Scribble

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sid's Treasure: The Beautiful One!

Do you meet people whom you can call beautiful? Do you get pleased after talking to someone just because he or she talked to you? Do you think everyone should be just like them?

True beauty. The one which causes you to pause and look at it. The one which forces you to think, "How can anyone be so beautiful?! (or great or awesome or wow.. whichever suits you)".

Obviously, it is not just the physical beauty. In fact, it's much more than that.

Do you know a beautiful person? I know a beautiful person. Beauty lies in all that she does.

Beauty lies in the way she talks. It lies in the way she frowns. It lies in the way she sleeps and it lies in the way she gets angry. Why, it even lies in the way she thinks!

Yes, she thinks beautifully. Pristine, innocent, pure. No hurt, no grudge, no pain for anyone. It's like the splash of clear drops of water from a mountain spring on the morning of a warm winter day. So pure that you just have to see them even as they rush away in all directions. You smile as the water drops play about you.

When she talks, sometimes I listen. Otherwise I see. The beauty in her expressions and the magic of her voice. Its pleasing just to make her speak more and more (selfish as it may be). Ever tasted honey with your ears?

I don't like to make her frown too much. That breaks the flow of words and I have to stop hearing for a little while. But it brings something beautiful in itself. Questions and queries reflect from her eyes as she struggles hard to search for the answer, like a mighty river barely held back by the choice of which path to take and raging to go ahead, even as it has to inspect all the possible ways. "What did he mean? Has he forgotten it? Why is he saying that?"

Which brings me to my own antics that (fortunately) give me a chance to take in more and more of her beauty every time I do something stupid. It's like you yourself don't care about anything you do, even if it may not be remotely grown up, as long as she's laughing on it. Sometimes you do certain things unknowingly and end up losing her touch. It's not good. I listen to her giggles, see her frown, understand her anger and feel her silence.

Yes, she gets silent. Imagine the pain for someone who is practically living on her voice when she is not with him. Multiplied because I myself have caused it. In the most saddening of ways I feel it then. What do you do when you are thrown into a dark cave from where you need to find your way out, but the darkness itself prevents you from doing anything.

But it's something that brings more than it takes away. It brings to me the remembrance of the promise I once made to her, which perhaps I have not been able to live up to. It brings to me the realization that she is hurt. It's stunning. It brings to me the craving to listen to her as soon as I can. Desperate to the point of begging silently.

She is a beautiful girl as I said, and a part of that beauty comes from her softness. Her silence is followed by the most beautiful voice I can think of. It's her. I believe it after a while. Talking to me. Melody verbalized.

I am glad to say though, that my girl does have a lot of patience. She glides through difficulties with nothing more than mere words of support. To her nothing is difficult to conquer. But I need to be with her. I know my beautiful girl is not invulnerable. She is well equipped in life but she needs a wing-man. She is whole but she is complete with me.

It's a matter of great luck to have her. She is the shining star in my life. She is worth it.

She is a woman. But she is also a child. She is intelligent. But she is sometimes silly. She is adventurous. But she is also prudent. She is dedicated. But she is mischievous at the most unexpected moments. She is artistic. But she is lazy as well. She is everything!

There are so many things I have not even mentioned here. I hope I can pen them down. Impossible as it is to express everything about her and for her, I do hope to make her read this and let others know about my angel. On Earth.

(I am wondering what look she will have in her eyes when she reads this. I want to be with her. I want to see the big eyes reflect my face. I want to see the wetness and pause it there. I want to be a part of what she thinks.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home