Sid's Scribble

Friday, January 13, 2006

Make up or live out?

Make up or live out?

I recently turned 21. Whoa! Sounds like I am pretty grown up, does it not? 21 years is quite an age… its three years into adulthood, an age which turns boys into men, an age at which one can marry and take up responsibility… of his soul mate and his family… maybe even start one. I know a guy heading a rs. 6000 crore business who is younger than I am. I’ve heard about men who have made it big into life before they’ve turned 21… or even 20. A lot of careers have taken shape before teenage has gotten over.

People who are 21 are thought of as mature. At the very least, they are expected to be confident of themselves; of being comfortable with their identities; being somewhat aware of their abilities and limits.

I find that I am still looking out for most of these. I think I’ve yet to do so many things, live out so many fantasies… get to know more people and get to know many people better, understand them… build up my principles when it comes to dealing with them.

I think I should’ve turned 21 later… somehow freeze time and do all the things. Not that it is an ‘old’ age. Nor is this a feeling of ‘having missed out’ as people who grow old feel. I think an age of 21 deserves more things to have been done before its arrival.

When I come to it, really… 21?! So soon? I still feel like a kid… With no real wisdom, living each day as it comes, completely absenting any plans from my life whatsoever, getting intimidated so damn easily, going gaga over frivolous things and getting overexcited over nothings at all really.

To be honest, I like it. Actually, I love it... I cherish this kid. Deep down inside, I know that I don’t want to grow up. Doesn’t real fun in life lie in being free, without boundaries, without concerns? Is their a better way to live… one that can be as enjoyable as a kid’s life?

Sometimes I feel that I should be more ‘rough-n-tough’, be more responsible and be able to take care of not just myself but also others who may need it. Yeah, nothing is wrong with that. But frankly, instead of just appearing rough and tough, I’d rather let myself become one with time. I hate to put up false appearances and hate those who put up one. I am the youngest one at home… in fact, youngest within my whole extended family, cushioned and kept in relative comfort of having nothing to look after. I’d like to change that, but that’s not top priority.

One ought to make up for things, but continue to look out for new ones. Confidence on one’s ability to tackle anything in life powers ambitions and fuels successes. It also gives you the power to get over defeats. Let’s go for that then. 21 or no 21, it’s only a statistic of age. What if one never really grows up? Keep the kid’s heart alive? Nurture that child in some hidden lobe of the brain? Sounds good to me!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home